There are various reasons why people venture into entrepreneurship. Some know from a very early age that they want to be their own boss while some others work under a boss only to discover that they would rather run their own business. One thing that entrepreneurs and small business owners agree on is, being an entrepreneur is great. There are lots of benefits to being an entrepreneur, more than the ones mentioned below, and these advantages are quite personal and dependent on a person’s circumstance. Some of the benefits of entrepreneurship are;
1. You control your destiny. You have the power to make the decisions that ultimately determine the success or failure of your life, business, and career.
2. You can be an innovator. Most of the great ideas that have become great businesses emerged from entrepreneurs.
3. You create a family. The culture of entrepreneurship is almost like a big family – your business becomes a family, and you get taken into the family of your fellow entrepreneurs who are always willing to give advice and help whenever it is needed.
4. You chose who represents your brand. You are obviously only as good as the people that you surround yourself with, who share your vision, passion, and drive.
5. No dress code. You can go to work wearing what feels comfortable. Doing business in your slip slops can be hugely liberating.
6. You have the opportunity to make an impact. Being an entrepreneur gives you the opportunity to create a business that can make a real difference in the world.
7. You choose your workspace. You can work from home, shop, rent space in a creative environment or take space in a cool upcoming area.
8. The choice is yours, and it can have a huge impact on productivity and the enjoyment factor.
9. Boredom will not factor in your life. Being an entrepreneur or small business owner is demanding but exciting.
10. Freedom to travel. Because of technology, you can run your business from anywhere which means that, without a set number of leave days and limitations of the corporate world, you have the freedom to travel while still running your business.
11. Entrepreneurship has no age limit. There is no age limit for entrepreneurs – from the young to the old, it is something that you can get into any age.
12. The pride of saying you’re a business owner, is a great feeling stepping back, and holding your head up high to say, ‘’ this is my company ‘’.
13. Turn your passion and belief into a business. You can build a business on whatever you are passionate about, and you can bring your personal beliefs into that market, making it something that feeds your soul every day.
The benefits of being an entrepreneur are many. Yes, there will be tough times, but working for yourself will always be better than working for someone else. Being brave enough to take the leap is most certainly the hardest part, but if you have a great idea, passion and a competitive spirit, this may just be the choice for you.