Heat stroke also known as sunstroke is a condition marked by fever or unconsciousness as a result of failure of the body’s temperature – regulating mechanism under excessive high temperature.
Mango may very well be the king of all fruits.
A glass of mango juice could bring great relief from the scorching sun and prevent you from coming down with a heat stroke. Just chop a mango in a juicer, add a little water and a teaspoon of sugar free honey. This will instantly cool you down.
Aside its many benefits such as alkalizing the body, fighting cancer, skin cleanser, weight loss and aid digestion, the following are healthy reasons why you should take mango everyday.
1. Fights Cancer: Antioxidant like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin ,fisetin,gallic acid and methyl gallate present in mango protects the body from Colon Cancer, leukemia, and prostate Cancer.
2. Keeps Cholesterol in Check: Mango has high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibres that help serum cholesterol levels. Fresh mango is a rich source of potassium which is an important component of cell and body fluids that help to control heart rate and blood pressure.
3. Alkalizes the body: According to natural health school. com. Mango is rich in tartaric acid, malic acid, and traces of citric acid that primarily helps in maintaining the alkaline reserve of the body.
4. Skin Cleanser: Mango helps you unclog your pores and adds freshness to the face. Mangoes are suitable for all skin types. They. help clear pores that cause ache. Just slice a mango into tiny pieces and keep on your face for 10-15 minutes and take a bath or wash your face to see results.
5. Regulates Diabetes: Not only the fruit but also the leaves of mango are a healthy source of nutrients. For people suffering from diabetes, just boil 5-6 mango leaves in a vessel, soak through the night and drink the filtered decoction in the morning. This helps in regulating your insulin levels. Mango has a low glycemic index (41-60) so going a little overboard will not increase your sugar levels.
One cup of mango (255 grams contain) contains the following percentage that apply to daily value of 105 calories.
- 76% vitamin C (antioxidant and immune booster)
- 25% vitamin A (antioxidant and vision)
- 11% vitamin B6 plus and other B vitamins (hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention).
- 9% healthy probiotic fibre.
- 9% Copper is a co- factor for vital enzymes plus production of Red Blood Cells.
- 7%potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake).
To be Continued. …